Saturday, October 29, 2005

Going Single

I have an increased respect for single parents. I've always thought it must be difficult to go-it-alone in the parenting world theoretically but after taking care of my son the last few days with my husband out of town, I now know it to be true in reality. There is no break, no one else to pick up the slack. All I know is that my lower back is killing me and I have had more baby slobber and spit up on me than I ever though humanly possible. Not to mention the urine and feces... I'll spare you the details! This evening I tried to hang out with some "kidless" friends of mine along with my son and felt the need to apologize constantly for his normal 4-month old behavior. They were very gracious but I was tempted to feel "uncool". Ultimately I realize that nothing could be more important than my child being and feeling loved, regardless if all my "wants" are met. Hats off to all the single parents out there giving their all for their kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home