My cup runs over...
After being apart from my husband and son for 5 days during the Thanksgiving Holiday I began to feel incomplete and empty. I would come home after working nights and just sleep, hardly eat, and avoid interaction with the outside world. I felt no motivation to read or do anything creative or useful. I struggled to find satisfaction in my job. I felt like my world had been put on hold. I realized that the most important part of my life is my relationships with my husband and my son. I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude toward God for that gift. Without them I lack the inspiration to truly live. Of course, I realize that I should be fulfilled only by Christ. Maybe my human relationships are an extension of that. Maybe I'm just not there yet. I do know that life is uncertain and sorrow visits everyone. I pray that my relationship with Christ would not falter should any of my precious relationships here on earth be ended.

1 Comments:
We missed you too. Benjamin was very ready to see his Mamma and let me know it the last couple of hours of our trip home.
Look for inspiration for creativity and life from the one who created (creates) everything.
Post a Comment
<< Home