Mysterious Joy
I have had the most fun soaking up time with my son today. Lots of chewing on toys and drooling (on Benjamin's part that is). Bath time, story time, more playing, chewing and drooling. And of course there is supper time, which I honestly believe is his favorite! He is such a beautiful light in my life. I am so excited for the many friends of mine who have recently had or are soon to have little ones of their own. What an indescribable gift! And what a great fear that somehow we might screw them up! I have to believe that God took into account my short-comings when he ordained the plan for Benjamin's life. And that somehow the good and bad in me could be woven into a beautiful pattern in the fabric of his life.
To think that at one time he did not exist. And now he LIVES. That his life was created by an all powerful and all knowing yet loving God. That it was not just a matter of DNA colliding but even more amazingly the very breath of God which created life- life of his body but also of his spirit. And that his presence here on earth can impact eternity. That it has a purpose and is not happenstance.... Then I realize that each of us entered existence in this way, and each of us carries in us the image and breath of God. We too have an ordained life, a purpose, an impact. I too am treasured as I treasure my son.
To think that at one time he did not exist. And now he LIVES. That his life was created by an all powerful and all knowing yet loving God. That it was not just a matter of DNA colliding but even more amazingly the very breath of God which created life- life of his body but also of his spirit. And that his presence here on earth can impact eternity. That it has a purpose and is not happenstance.... Then I realize that each of us entered existence in this way, and each of us carries in us the image and breath of God. We too have an ordained life, a purpose, an impact. I too am treasured as I treasure my son.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home