Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Return

Apparently I have been subject to a fugue state in which I completely forgot my username/password. For that reason I have been unable to join in the blogging foray. I have now rejoined reality and will have to make up for lost time. I am thrilled to announce, although I believe my husband already has, that I am 11+ weeks pregnant and due on 5/8/2007. I'm going for a girl; but I realize this sort of thing is not determined by sincerity of wishing or strength of determination. It has already been decided by genetic "predestination". Just a piece of advice for women of reproductive ages...do NOT take expired birth control pills if you do not wish to become pregnant...duh! God must find us extremely hilarious at times.

On a different note, I am currently reading "Worldviews in Conflict-Choosing Christianity in a World of Ideas" (Nash) along with a study of the book of Ephesians. I am using the NRSV rather than the NIV I have used for so long. It's great to gain new insight into well-known scripture by using another translation. I hope to be able to share new insights with you as I move along in the study. Skip and I are enjoying becoming part of a church family again at Berea United Methodist Church. I find myself becoming frustrated with "organized religion" but the people and pastor seem to be genuine and have welcomed us warmly. I might even join the choir although the robes don't do much for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I am glad your back tooooo.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home