Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Day for Me

This is the first time in my life I get to celebrate Mothers Day b/c I am a mother rather than b/c I have one. What a wonderful feeling to know I love a human being who was once a part of me physically and will always be spiritually. He has my eyes, and I often see myself in his expressions. I look forward to learning more about who God has created him to be and helping him toward that goal.

I also celebrate my own mother, Dorothy Jean. She is 5'4", dark brown hair (but she prefers it auburn), green eyes. She is an intellectual and musician. She is a great conversationalist and comforter. She is a constant friend. She has a great sense of her own style. One of my favorite memories is seeing her and her younger sister play like two little girls in the freezing cold water of Mills River, NC. I love her and therefore can't help but love myself as I am so much like her. She will never understand how special a person she is; her main fault is similar to my own... self doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home