33 Weeks and Counting
We're coming down to the wire with Baby #2. I have definitely entered the "I feel pregnant stage". Getting in and out of the car is a challenge (and you'd laugh to see me try to do it if parked on a particular incline). I keep reminding myself that at most I have 8 weeks to go. I notice more aches and pains while at work- more so than I did with Benjamin. Maybe that's because in residency I was too busy and exhausted to notice.
On a more positive note- baby appears to be doing quite well, healthy and growing, moving more than is comfortable at times-but that's a good thing in the baby world. We're still working on baby boy names. Frontrunners are Fitzwilliam and Xerxes... Skip seems to think that Manasseh would make a good southern name...just kidding. Hopefully we will come up with a name that will not leave our child a target for the school bully.
Skip and I were able to enjoy a "last weekend away before baby #2". We went to Bardstown, KY and stayed in a cool B&B. We ate some great food, visited a monastic community, toured a Minor Basilica as well as a Bourbon Distillery (interesting combo, huh?). (Bardstown has at least an 85% Catholic population.) We found the cutest corner drug store that still has a "soda fountain". They had the best old-fashioned milkshakes. We also got to do a little walking around Bernheim Forest which was one of my favorite places while I was in Med School in Louisville. Little Benjamin got to spend quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Haddock who he appears to adore. Overall it was a great weekend- to remember that I am married and have a great husband who was a part of my life way before I became a mother. I'm sure Skip will post some cool photos from the trip on his Flickr site so stay tuned.
On a more positive note- baby appears to be doing quite well, healthy and growing, moving more than is comfortable at times-but that's a good thing in the baby world. We're still working on baby boy names. Frontrunners are Fitzwilliam and Xerxes... Skip seems to think that Manasseh would make a good southern name...just kidding. Hopefully we will come up with a name that will not leave our child a target for the school bully.
Skip and I were able to enjoy a "last weekend away before baby #2". We went to Bardstown, KY and stayed in a cool B&B. We ate some great food, visited a monastic community, toured a Minor Basilica as well as a Bourbon Distillery (interesting combo, huh?). (Bardstown has at least an 85% Catholic population.) We found the cutest corner drug store that still has a "soda fountain". They had the best old-fashioned milkshakes. We also got to do a little walking around Bernheim Forest which was one of my favorite places while I was in Med School in Louisville. Little Benjamin got to spend quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Haddock who he appears to adore. Overall it was a great weekend- to remember that I am married and have a great husband who was a part of my life way before I became a mother. I'm sure Skip will post some cool photos from the trip on his Flickr site so stay tuned.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home