Long Overdue Update
Just to let you all know...even though I may not comment, and even though it seems I don't exist in BloggerLand...I love reading everyone elses' blogs.
Well, Jonathan is now almost 9 months old. He officially has 7 (almost 8) teeth. He is standing/sitting up on his own no problem. He loves to pull up on everything and walk holding on! He still loves to chew on shoes, so these have to be kept out of reach. He's eating more and more "big boy" food. In fact he gets quite frustrated during mealtimes if he can't feed himself something. His most frequently used words are "Da-Da" and "Ba-Ba" (which seems to work for Benjamin or bottle). He's starting to say "Ma-Ma" more often. He LOVES to wrestle...the more "violent" the harder he laughs...I think we're in for it. He no longer crawls on his belly (commando style) but for a month now has been up on all fours. He's getting really good at chasing Benjamin...much to Ben's dismay. Ben is fluent in "no Jon-Jon"! Oh, and Jonathan has discovered the stairs which he frequently tries to climb. He has lived through his first ear infection (actually both ears). And I think his favorite activity (other than eating of course) is taking a bath with Benjamin. I have to say...I love watching them play together in the bubbles. Unfortunately, Jonathan bit Benjamin's arm last night thinking it was another teething toy. Needless to say, Ben wasn't too happy about that...
Benjamin is just over 2 1/2. His getting taller and thinning out. His favorite activities recently are playing with "Scoop" (a John Deer bulldozer from his Great Grandpa Arnold) and watching any kind of sport. He informed me the other day (while he was running around the house with his football) that he was The Quarterback! He also says..."look mom, I've got my fingers on the laces"...just before an awkward throw. If the TV is on he frequently asks.."any football, basketball on?" I think we're in for several trips to practice/games in the near future. Thankfully, he loves church, "reading" his Bible, and has some concept of "Jesus on da cwoss". In fact, he feels led to pray for Jesus often as he is very concerned about the "owies on his head"...picture books can be pretty powerful! He loves reading in general for which I am grateful. He's such an active boy but enjoys his quiet time too. He is doing very well with potty training. He pretty much wears pull ups only during naptime and bedtime. We're still working on training for #2!
Skip recently updated his blog, so you'll have to check that out as well as our Flickr photos. He also obtained his CFP (financial planning certification). He passed the exam a long time ago but had to build up experience hours. He's very active with the boys (of course) but also in church and with his business. And he wonders why he's so tired! He's an awesome husband and daddy. We're looking forward to visiting old friends in NC/SC soon.
Sorry this was such a long blog (if you've even read this far). Do you get the feeling that I love my family?
Well, Jonathan is now almost 9 months old. He officially has 7 (almost 8) teeth. He is standing/sitting up on his own no problem. He loves to pull up on everything and walk holding on! He still loves to chew on shoes, so these have to be kept out of reach. He's eating more and more "big boy" food. In fact he gets quite frustrated during mealtimes if he can't feed himself something. His most frequently used words are "Da-Da" and "Ba-Ba" (which seems to work for Benjamin or bottle). He's starting to say "Ma-Ma" more often. He LOVES to wrestle...the more "violent" the harder he laughs...I think we're in for it. He no longer crawls on his belly (commando style) but for a month now has been up on all fours. He's getting really good at chasing Benjamin...much to Ben's dismay. Ben is fluent in "no Jon-Jon"! Oh, and Jonathan has discovered the stairs which he frequently tries to climb. He has lived through his first ear infection (actually both ears). And I think his favorite activity (other than eating of course) is taking a bath with Benjamin. I have to say...I love watching them play together in the bubbles. Unfortunately, Jonathan bit Benjamin's arm last night thinking it was another teething toy. Needless to say, Ben wasn't too happy about that...
Benjamin is just over 2 1/2. His getting taller and thinning out. His favorite activities recently are playing with "Scoop" (a John Deer bulldozer from his Great Grandpa Arnold) and watching any kind of sport. He informed me the other day (while he was running around the house with his football) that he was The Quarterback! He also says..."look mom, I've got my fingers on the laces"...just before an awkward throw. If the TV is on he frequently asks.."any football, basketball on?" I think we're in for several trips to practice/games in the near future. Thankfully, he loves church, "reading" his Bible, and has some concept of "Jesus on da cwoss". In fact, he feels led to pray for Jesus often as he is very concerned about the "owies on his head"...picture books can be pretty powerful! He loves reading in general for which I am grateful. He's such an active boy but enjoys his quiet time too. He is doing very well with potty training. He pretty much wears pull ups only during naptime and bedtime. We're still working on training for #2!
Skip recently updated his blog, so you'll have to check that out as well as our Flickr photos. He also obtained his CFP (financial planning certification). He passed the exam a long time ago but had to build up experience hours. He's very active with the boys (of course) but also in church and with his business. And he wonders why he's so tired! He's an awesome husband and daddy. We're looking forward to visiting old friends in NC/SC soon.
Sorry this was such a long blog (if you've even read this far). Do you get the feeling that I love my family?

2 Comments:
I know you love the family! Little sister are the best! :)
It was so great to see you guys! Jonathon and Benjamin are so cute. Cade still says "Jon Jon" whenever we see a baby about Jonathon's size. Today, Cade was singing Rock-a-by-baby and he said "I rock Jon Jon."
Post a Comment
<< Home